Printing on the Fine Art Metal with the Epson R2400 Printer
A printable PDF version is available by clicking here
1. Prepare Your Printer Make sure you do NOT have any clogged nozzles.
Run the Nozzle Check before printing images. If you run the test prints with clogged nozzles it will throw off your color once they are unclogged. (Please refer to your printer manual for additional instructions)
2. Loading the Fine Art Metal into the printer
A. The metal requires to be loaded into the front path of the R2400. Open the printer cover. Then open the front path door completely by pressing the front path door release area (see picture 1).
B. Close the printer cover.
C. Insert the sheet of metal two or three inches into the printer and push the left edge guide against the media’s edge.
D. Maintain slight pressure on the guide while inserting the media the rest of the way into the printer. Stop when the front edge of the media is aligned with the arrow on the right side (see picture 2).
E. Press the sheet-trash icon button(see picture 3)
• The media is fed into the printer automatically.
• When the power button light stops flashing the printer is ready to print.
F. Before printing, select Manual-Front as the source setting (Windows) or Manual-Front as the paper source setting within the Paper Size menu (Mac) in your printer software (If your printer fails to load the media and displays an error, remove the media and turn off the printer. Then turn the printer on again).
G. Its recommended to wear gloves at all times when handling the Fine Art Metal.
3. Setting Up Photoshop’s Print Settings
A. Go to File / Print from the top menu bar. B. Set your Page Setup settings appropriately. C. Select Photoshop Manages Color. D. Select the profile you wish to use. E. Select the proper rendering intent. F. Click on Black Point compensation. G. Click Print.
4. Setting up the Epson R2400 print driver:
A. Choose the correct printer.
B. Click on the tab that reads Layout, and go to Paper Feed and select Manual Feed (front).
C. Then go to Printer Features:
1. Under Color Mode and select RGB Color.
2. Under Color Precision select Best.
3. Under Media Type select Premium Luster Photo Paper.
4. Under Print Quality select Best.
5. Under resolution select 2880×1440 DPI.
6. Click Print.
5. Print Handling: Avoid touching the surface of the metal.
Hold by edges, and wear gloves if you are noticing fingerprints. Allow the ink to have time to dry prior to stacking or handling.
6. Print Protection: It is strongly recommended to apply a spray coating or laminate to the final print.
For spray coating use ClearJet® Clear-Coating Type AFA Fine Art in either Gloss or Semi-Gloss.