- Use Instead of Film Laminates
- Contains State-of-the-Art UV Inhibitors
- Will Not Yellow
- Use on Digital Output:
Piezo, Electrostatic, Thermal, Pigmented Ink, and Dye-Based
- Excellent for Water-Sensitive Inks, Media, Materials, and Products
- Excellent on Vehicle and Fleet Graphics
- Formulations for Specific Application Methods
No Clean-Up Aerosol Spray Cans
Type BR Brush & Roll Formula
Type S Ready-to-Spray Formula
Type LL For Liquid Laminating Equipment (Custom Manufacture Only)
- Available in 2 Series
ClearJet Fine Art
- Available in Different Finishes
ClearJet - Gloss and Semi-Gloss
ClearJet Fine Art - Gloss, Semi-Gloss and Low Gloss
Type BR: Quarts
Type S: Gallons
ClearJet® : clear coating for dye-based inks and water-sensitive ink/media combinations
Use ClearJet® on most substrates, including canvas, vinyl (enamel receptive and non-enamel receptive), banners, fiberglass, wood, metal, plastic, and paper. ClearJet® is designed for water-based inks and can also be used on solvent-based inks when applying by aerosol or spray applications.
Series FA is made to penetrate the canvas, making the ink/media combination more flexible, not cause discoloration or color shifts and not react with the ink jet receptive layer of most fine art substrates.
We generally recommend the following dry film thickness:
- ClearJet Solvent-based Clears - .5 to 1 mil dry film
This chart shows you the theoretical coverage at 100% transfer efficiency. Fine Art versions tend to penetrate much more than standard versions so the surface film build will be lower, yet the protection will be excellent.
1 mil dry
.5 mils dry
ClearJet Type S (FA & Original)
370 sq. feet
740 sq. feet
ClearJet Type BR (FA & Original)
485 sq. feet
970 sq. feet
- Roll and mop applications transfer at 100% efficiency.
- Conventional spray applications transfer at 35% efficiency.
- HVLP spray applications transfer at 65% efficiency.