Booksmart Studio offers archiving of your digital files to our clients that are working on creating prints that are part of an edition. The purpose for us archiving is three fold:
- 1st another source for offsite backup for your important files. After all, we have redundant back up between our two 24TB RAID 5 servers.
- 2nd this ensures we are printing the same file each time and no changes will occur in your edition.
- 3rd if your off location and you need a print shipped ASAP we have the ability to simply grab the required file, print, and ship.
Buffalo Technology TeraStation 5800 24TB 8 Bay NAS System, Intel Atom D2700 2.13GHz, SATA 3 Gbps Interface, 2x USB 2.0 Ports and 3x USB 3.0 Ports
HIGH PERFORMANCE 8-DRIVE RAID BUSINESS-CLASS NAS
TeraStation 5800 is a high performance 8-drive network storage solution ideal for businesses and demanding users requiring a reliable RAID based NAS and iSCSI storage solution for larger networks and business critical applications. With the powerful dual-core 2.13 GHz Intel® Atom™ processor D2700, TeraStation 5800 provides exceptional performance during file transfers and everyday NAS functions: experience maximum network throughput while a replication job runs in the background, network surveillance video is recording from multiple IP cameras and remote users are accessing content.
- Intel® Atom™ processor D2700 (2.13 GHz dual-core / 2 GB DDR3 RAM)
- Buffalo Surveillance Video Manager (1 license)
- Dual Intel NICs
- 2 USB 2.0 ports and 3 USB 3.0 ports with accessory support
- Hot-swap SATA hard drives
- Hot spare
- RAID 0/1/5/6/10/50/51/60/61/JBOD (Individual Disks)
- Active Directory support
- DFS Namespace support
- Disk quota support
- Simultaneous NAS and iSCSI target functionality
- VMware® Certified for NFS
- Scheduled or real-time replication to other TeraStation devices
- Failover support
- Remote file access via WebAccess and FTP/SFTP
- 10 licenses of NovaBACKUP Business Essentials (SQL and Exchange backup agents)
Buffalo DriveStation Quad USB 3.0 – HD-QLU3R5, 8TB Hard Drive Array, 235 MBps Data Transfer Rate
The Buffalo 8TB DriveStation Quad USB 3.0 Hard Drive Array is a 4-drive, RAID enabled USB 3.0 storage solution. It is designed for small servers, creative professionals, offices and consumers who need large, redundant and high performance external storage. Each of the 4 SATA drives has a 1TB storage capacity, for a vast 4 B total and a 235 MBps data transfer rate. Support for hardware RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 provides flexible redundancy, capacity and performance operations. With USB 3.0 support and backward compatibility with USB 2.0, DriveStation Quad USB 3.0 works with virtually any PC or Mac computer, providing interface speeds up to 5.0 Gbps. The 4 hard drive bays are easily accessed via the user removable front panel without the use of tools, providing simple drive servicing and quick swap replacement.
RAID, or Redundant Array of Independent Disks, is a backup system that stores the same data on different drives, so that if one drive were to fail, you would not lose all your data. RAID 0 is essentially ‘No RAID’, but is used to combine all 4 drives into one ‘super-drive’ for maximum capacity with no redundancy. This might be used by feature film editors or others needing a huge-capacity space. RAID 5 stripes the data across all 4 drives, interspersing parity data to provide an efficient blend of fault tolerance and storage capacity. RAID 10 mirrors 2 sets of hard drives and combines them into a single array, striping data across all mirrored sets for fault tolerance and increased performance.
Equipped with NovaBACKUP Business Essentials software, DriveStation Quad USB 3.0 can back up any PC, including Windows Servers and Exchange and SQL data stores. The DriveStation Quad has the capacity, redundancy and performance required for demanding professional and server applications.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0: Provides accelerated file access and interface speeds, up to 5 Gbps
- Compatible with USB 2.0 and 3.0: Support for legacy USB 2.0 and SuperSpeed 3.0
- Four Easily Accessible Hard Drives: Includes two hard drives for easy maintenance with the choice of optimal capacity, performance or redundancy
- Connect & Go: Preformatted hard drive is ready to use out of the box – no formatting or driver installation required
- Safeguard Your Data: RAID redundancy offers a variety of ways to protect your data – RAID 0/5/10
- Works with PC (NTFS and HFS+ support) and Mac: Connect to your computer for additional storage or backup of your music, photo, video and data files
- Buffalo Tools: Use Buffalo Tools to enhance PC and transfer performance and to back up your important digital assets
- TurboPC Utility: Enhance the overall performance of your PC and increase file transfer rates
- NovaBACKUP Business Essentials: Includes an easy to use, complete backup solution for your Windows and Windows Server PC – also includes a backup agent for MS SQL and Exchange
- Time Machine Compatibility: Works perfectly with Time Machine to back up your Mac computer
- Eco Manager: Eco minded power management tool regulates power usage, conserving energy and reducing battery consumption